Write English like a professional!
Writing a good essay requires refined critical thinking, which can be improved by experience. However, one of the key elements to writing a good essay is the form, and we are here to help you with it. There are numerous forms of writing that we face everyday. Following is an explanation of the process of writing in a simple and understandable way.
An essay can have many purposes, but the basic structure stays the same. You may be writing an essay to argue for a particular point of view or to explain the steps necessary to complete a task.
Either way, your essay will have the same basic format.
If you follow these simple steps, you will find that writing an essay is easier than you had initially thought.
1. Select your topic.
2. Choose the thesis, or the main idea of your essay.
3. Prepare an outline or a diagram of your main ideas.
4. Outline your essay into introductory, body and summary paragraphs.
5. State your thesis idea in the first paragraph.
6. Finish the introductory paragraph with a short summary or goal statement.
7. In each of the body paragraphs the ideas first presented in the introductory paragraph are developed.
8. Develop your body paragraphs by giving explanations and examples.
9. The last paragraph should restate your basic thesis of the essay with a conclusion.
After you follow these easy steps your writing will improve and become more coherent. Always remember, the form is only a part of the process. You become a better writer primarily by reflecting and analyzing rather than memorizing.